In response to the alarming rise in anti-Asian racism, the Act2EndRacism Network has produced five short videos, seeking to counter disinformation and misinformation that has fueled anti-Asian sentiment.
Join us on May 20th as we host a panel discussion with a special focus on two videos – “Yellow Peril” and “Model Minority”. The goal of the panel discussion is to have a conversation about how anti-Asian racism has manifested in our systems, how resilient the Asian community has been and how we can find ways to resolve anti-Asian racism.
- Deputy Minister Daniel Quan-Watson
- The Honourable Bardish Chagger, Minister of Diversity and Inclusion and Youth
- Marie-Claude Landry, Chief Commissioner of the Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Dr. Gina Wong, Asian Gold Ribbon campaign
- Teresa Woo-Paw, Founder of Action, Chinese Canadians Together
This event will also be held in conjunction with the launch of the inaugural Asian Gold Ribbon day, an initiative by Dr. Gina Wong and Sheila Wong.
The Asian Gold Ribbon 2021 Campaign urges individuals, organizations, and communities to demonstrate solidarity against Asian racism and to recognize its profound psychological impact. Asian and non-Asian persons will adorn face masks with the gold ribbon emblem and gold ribbon pins throughout the month of May to signify hope, unity, and solidarity for a better tomorrow. Learn more here.