“I didn’t know that!” Chinatown Stories consists of 3 free online webinars for Asian Heritage Month 2021 – May 16, 23 and 30.
Edmonton was once touted with the moniker “City of Champions”, but that was about the city’s hockey and football teams that won Stanley Cups and Grey Cups. In Chinatown, and little known beyond the Chinese community, the Edmonton martial arts organizations have champions who competed worldwide and brought back numerous high honours.
Want to hear their stories?
Register on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/152933085977
More information at: www.asianheritagemonth.ca/2021
Partnering organizations are the Chinese Graduates Association of Alberta, Fort Saskatchewan Multicultural Association (Asian cultural performance), and for the May 16 webinar the martial arts and lion dance associations:
- Canadian Ging Wu Kung Fu Martial Arts Association
- Jing Ying Martial Arts
- Hong De Cultural & Athletic Association (Canada)
- Edmonton Hung Mon Athletic Club
- 5 Elements Drums and Lion Dance Crew
- Shang De Tai Chi Praying Mantis Martial Arts Association
- Gravity And Grace Tai Chi and Bagua
- Wellness Sport Club (Tai Chi)
- Ji Hong Wushu & Tai Chi College
- Chiu Lau Kung Fu College